Are you asking yourself the following: “How can a press release become an Internet Marketing technique?” Don’t worry; this has already been asked a million times by a lot of Internet marketers and businesses, both starting online businessmen and experts. The answer to this is very simple: a press release improves your search engine ranking, allows enormous traffic flow to your website and improves your online credibility, all at the same time.
Benefits of Press Release Writing and Submission
Press release writing and submission is just a beginning Internet marketing tool as of today; however, numerous market studies have already proved the effectiveness of this new advertising technique. Here are only a few advantages of press release writing and submission:
1. More traffic for your website. Link building can be referred to as the “life of Internet Marketing”. Through it, Internet marketing is made stronger and more effective. A good press release contains excellently optimized links that, once clicked, would lead others to your website’s page.
2. Enhance your Web ranking. When more people visit your website through effective back linking, Google would recognize your website as a helpful, non-spam business site which could benefit the readers through quality press releases and articles you submit to online directories. With this, Google would rank you higher than your competitors’ websites.
3. Perk up your online credibility. Trustworthiness is said to be one of the most significant ingredients in online marketing. When people believe your press releases are newsworthy, they would start trusting your site and coming back for more info. They could also share your webpages through social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
What’s A Good Press Release?
Earlier we’ve been talking about how a good press release benefits your business. But first of all, what makes a good press release “good”, anyway? Here are some criteria and tips you can use to create and critic a press release about your product:
1. Is It Newsworthy?
Your press release’s main topic must be interesting, or else netizens would not be enticed to read it. You may write about your new and/or improved products, changes in your business strategy, or even the charities and social work that your company is involved in! The topic can be anything as long as it heightens the interest of the reader.
2. Is it in a News Type of Article or Just Plain Promotional?
Press releases are intended to update people on what’s new and fresh about your product, company or business enterprise as a whole. Always remember this general rule in writing press releases – No promotional tone! Write in a formal but appealing manner, such that you are advertising the product without directly doing so. Just promote it between the lines.
3. Does it have a Catchy Title?
First impressions are truly important, so you must take the title of your press release seriously. For most readers, a boring title begets a boring article. Don’t let this ever happen to you. As much as possible, try to be formal in writing the title so as not to defeat the purpose of calling it a “press release”, but slightly play the words you use. Don’t forget that once a person labels one of your releases as “so-so”, the rest of your articles would also seem mediocre to him.
Latest posts by philk (see all)
- Thanksgiving Songs – Which Are The Best Songs and Why? – November 14, 2012
- Blind Social Sharing & Its Effect On Personal Credibility – August 23, 2011
- How To Manage Expectations When Kicking Off A Global Search Program – August 23, 2011