Social Media: Sales Up!
As a business-minded fellow, you may have thought of this question once or twice in your life – “without capturing the interest of my target consumers first, how will they consider taking a look at what I am trying to offer?” Actually, you don’t have to look anywhere else. The answer is right in front of you. That’s right- your Internet connection is your gateway to a powerful marketing approach called Social Media Marketing.
What Is Social Media?
Social media often refers to web-based tools, networks and other technologies that transform communication into active interaction. It basically connects people from anywhere around the world via the Internet.
What is Social Media Marketing?
Going social is the one and only powerful method to let others know about your business, products and services. Through social media marketing, you can introduce your product to more people, discuss it actively with them, and promote it efficiently in all the corners of the Web.
What Are Its Benefits?
Before discussing the top social media platforms you can use for social media marketing, here are the advantages of social media marketing for you and your business:
1. Get in touch with more people. With social media marketing, you can create accounts on various social networking websites such as Facebook and Twitter to connect your business with lots of people and raise awareness about your brand.
2. Get an edge. Through actively using your social network accounts, you can spy on the latest strategies of your competitors and see how you can beat them through better Internet marketing plans.
3. Turn traditional promotion to active interaction. Today, bombarding people with so many ads and promotional materials would actually shoo them away from your business. Why not try something fun through being active in social networks? Create online “Like” contests and more enjoyable schemes to heighten the interest of your potential and faithful customers.
Popular Social Media Platforms
Facebook. Currently, Facebook is the no.1 social media platform for both personal and business purposes. This social network lets you share info about your business, products, services and other related topics. You may tag people on your goods and open up discussion groups and pages that people may “Like” or join into to learn more about your offers.
LinkedIn. This hot social networking site is famous for connecting professionals and businesses. It connects you to people who can help you enhance personal branding and improve your products and services.
Twitter. Using Twitter, you can notify customers and other “followers” with updates on the improvements in your products, services, as well as news on company events that customers may participate in.
Youtube. The most popular video streaming site in the Web, Youtube is a helpful tool to reach millions of netizens and share the benefits of your products by means of interesting video clips.
These four social media platforms can be the foundations of your online marketing strategy. Just keep in mind all the benefits and other potential advantages of social media marketing, and you’ll see progress in your sales from zero to hero.
Latest posts by philk (see all)
- Thanksgiving Songs – Which Are The Best Songs and Why? – November 14, 2012
- Blind Social Sharing & Its Effect On Personal Credibility – August 23, 2011
- How To Manage Expectations When Kicking Off A Global Search Program – August 23, 2011