Website Design: The Benefits of Web Design
First impressions matter in the world of marketing and business. Knowing this, you need to have an effectively and stunningly designed website to attract more customers to view and buy your products. So what is the real effect of web design to promotion and advertising? How does it affect the company’s online sales?
Actually, there are a lot of studies that prove how website design affects online marketing, and virtually all of them confirm that web design is truly beneficial to marketing. Here are some benefits of a good web design to Internet marketing:
1. Increased Productivity. A group of researchers found out that enhanced screen readability and clarity of the design and layout causes 20 percent more productivity due to less crowding in the web page. This means that more customers love to visit a website that has an organized and ergonomically-placed navigation buttons, as well as separated but well-viewed items.
2. Decreased Decision Making Time. Following the principles for creating a good web design, a research discovered that customers are able to decide on buying a product or service about 25 percent less in time compared to badly designed websites of the same company. For example, in a webpage with bad web design, a customer spends about 15 minutes before deciding whether he will buy the item or not. With a good web design, however, it will only take 11 minutes for him to make his decision on buying the product. This, therefore, leads to more sales on your website.
3. Better Web Performance. A research compared 500 screens with different web designs. The best-formatted web designs are found to be 128 percent faster than the worst-formatted ones in terms of time of info extraction. This means that web designs with good formatting results in faster web service for the customer, and thus, better web performance.
4. Lower Costs. A redesigned website would lead to an initial $20,000 worth of savings, according to researchers. A good web design means a lot of savings for the company, since the customers would usually prefer the layout of the webpage to be almost the same every time they visit the website.
5. Better Customer Service. The service for customers is not limited to the customer online support provided by your company; it’s more than that. In fact, customer service begins with your web design. When users are able to find the information they need in your website for only a few seconds, then you give them a high-quality customer service. Studies show that a good web design takes only 5 to 20 seconds for the search to be completed. For instance, if a customer searches for an item using your search box, then it should only take less than half a minute for him to find the info he needs.
6. E-Commerce Benefits. Online shopping also gains from a good web design. The usability of the website mainly relates to how good your web design is. Also, training costs, support line costs, and employee satisfaction also benefit through a good interface design.
Latest posts by philk (see all)
- Thanksgiving Songs – Which Are The Best Songs and Why? – November 14, 2012
- Blind Social Sharing & Its Effect On Personal Credibility – August 23, 2011
- How To Manage Expectations When Kicking Off A Global Search Program – August 23, 2011